Re: Neologisms in pdf

    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 16, 2006
      --- In gothic-l@yahoogroups.com, "Fredrik" <gadrauhts@...> wrote:

      > Well...this make sense. But actualy I found the word for forsest
      in
      > the form waldus in this site
      > http://www.oe.eclipse.co.uk/nom/letters.htm and I believ it's
      > yours...btw I use it a lot...very usefull.
      > Hope you don't mind if I take neologisms from it...

      Yes, of course, raid it by all means, but as you can see it's not
      that reliable, so don't trust it too much! I made it a few years
      ago and that's my excuse. I've just corrected the entries
      for "wood" and "forest".

      > the ending -ista I have seen in aĆ­waggelista...and is it right
      that
      > it is masculine weak noun?

      Yes, that's right.

      > Is this word taken from the latin form evangelista or from the
      greek?
      > If it is the latter. Is it a regular way of loaned words from
      greek
      > ending in -ης (-es/-is) to become masc. weak?

      It looks more like the Latin ending, doesn't it: evangelista, rather
      than EUAGGELISTHS. In names, at least, Gk. -hs > Go. -es, e.g.
      Mambres, Iohannes, Herodes, Moses.