Re: Nine daughters of Aegir

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 21, 2005
      --- In gothic-l@yahoogroups.com, "WILHELM OTTO" <wilhelm.otto@s...>
      wrote:
      > The old bards hid their truth in a box, in a
      > box and so on.

      True, and then they put the outside box inside the inside box, just
      to be sure.

      > But I see no fish here.

      You have to fish for them...

      > He thought he recognised it as a small
      > shark - but could not swear on it.

      Never swear on a shark. That´s my motto.

      > I ask just for reference, as you have helped me, if your name is
      Llama Nom.

      Well, it's my Yahoo name, but you don´t need to credit me. It would
      make more sense to cite the sources I used: Simek´s "Dictionary of
      Northern Mythology", and the Old Icelandic dictionaries of Fritzner
      [ http://www.dok.hf.uio.no/perl/search/search.cgi?
      appid=86&tabid=1275 ], and Cleasby & Vigfusson [
      http://www.ling.upenn.edu/%
      7Ekurisuto/germanic/oi_cleasbyvigfusson_about.html#images%20 ].

      Good luck with your research,
      LN