Re: A few questions

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2005
      Hi Seth,

      For "Thor", I think *Þunrs, might be more likely.

      I agree with Fredrik's "Wiljau kukja þus", except that "kiss" should
      be infinitive "kukjan". I'm not sure about the word order.
      Maybe "þus kukjan wiljau" would be less emphatic? But then again
      maybe you want to be emphatic... There are some clues that where
      the object of the sentence is a noun, it would tend to preceed the
      verb (in natural non-Greek-influenced Gothic)--but pronouns seem as
      if they might follow other rules, so I'm just not sure yet. I'd be
      interested to know if anyone has any more ideas about that.

      > > well. Lastly, and somewhat off-topic, how do you people feel
      about
      > > modern folk who walk around and call themselves "Goths"? I would
      > like
      > > many people to try and answer my questions.

      In a word: live & let live.

      Llama Nom

      http://www.koeblergerhard.de/germanistischewoerterbuecher/gotischeswo

      <hammerwolf777@h...>