Re: A genitive query?

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 27, 2004
      Hi Robyn,

      No mistake: this is a very commmon idiom. When the preposition IN
      is followed by the genitive, it means "because of", "on account of"
      (see Wright's Grammar of the Gothic Language para. 350.4). Hence IN
      ÞIZ-EI "because"; IN-UH ÞIS "now, because of this..."

      J 14,11: "Believe me, that I [am] in the father and the father in
      me, or if not (i.e. if you still don't believe when I tell you),
      then believe me because of the works (miracles)".

      Llama Nom