Re: SV: [gothic-l]Hansa

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 22, 2004
      Dear Wilhelm,

      it's OK, you didn't offend me. In fact I'm accustomed with people
      misspelling my last name, since it contains an unusuall letter
      combination.
      In fact, I consider that nothing in the world is firmly established,
      nothing is without any doubt. The etymology of Hansa shown by me and
      others represents just the academic mainstream version, reflected in
      all etymological and other dictionaries and encyclopaedias. But there
      are many instances in the history of human knowledge when such well-
      established, mainstream, academic points of view proved to be
      incorrect. But to challenge such an well-established theory, accepted
      by the majority of scholars in that field since it is well founded,
      you need very strong arguments.

      Best regards,
      Francisc

      --- In gothic-l@yahoogroups.com, "WILHELM OTTO" <wilhelm.otto@s...>