[gothic-l] Re: gothic grammar, chapter 1

  • Christian Petersen
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 5, 1998
      M. Edward Carver wrote:

      > Eric Craven wrote:
      > >
      > > have a look, if its interesting ill provide more. maybe someone can
      > > translate for the
      > > non-german-speakers...
      >
      > Introduction
      >
      > I. The Goths and their Language
      >
      > a)The Gothic language was the language of the germanic people, the Goths
      No, it should be:
      'The Gothic language was the vernacular of the Germanic tribe OF the
      Goths.' However, everyone be warned: Carl Hostetter is right in giving a
      hint on the copyright. Since I have contact to the publisher, I know
      about it. The restrictions in force always depend on the respective
      country.
      So, before you put too much effort in it, keep in mind that even a
      translation should be used for personal use only. At best, Eric might
      use it for a single teaching purpose over in Japan, for instance.
      I'm just telling you this right-in-time lest you are disappointed later
      on.
      Have a nice week; Chris