Just Joined

  • Dan Mencher
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 15, 2004
      Dear All,

      Hello! My name is Dan, and I just joined the group. I freely admit, I know very
      little about the Gothic language. However, I am an aspiring linguist, and a
      lover of languages, and since there is rather little information about the
      Gothic language available here in the Unites States (at least as far as I
      know), I thought that it would be a great learning experience to be a part of
      the group. Of course, this does mean that I don't have too much to contribute
      (although I'll be glad to offer what I can should the opportunity come that I
      can share some knowledge). However, if you'll accept me, I hope to really enjoy
      myself and learn a lot from this group.

      Other random facts about me: I'm 19 years old, I attend college at Tufts
      University in Boston, I am originally from Long Island, New York, and I am a
      martial artist.

      Thank you all!!

      -Dan
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 20, 2004
        Welcome, Dan!

        Don't feel embarassed for the fact that you know little about Gothic.
        Many of the members of this list (including me) are amateurs who are
        interested in issues regarding the Old Germanic tribe of the Goths:
        language, history etc. If you want to start studying the Gothic
        language, you may visit David Salo's "An Introduction to Gothic"
        (http://members.terracom.net/~dorothea/david/gothic/).
        You say that you are a martial atist. What martial art? (I'm 1 dan in
        Shotokan Karate).

        Francisc

        --- In gothic-l@yahoogroups.com, Dan Mencher <daniel.mencher@t...>