Thorsbjerg Tunic

  • jarajan2
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2004
      I am confused ? I work for a company which trys to educte kids about
      history and I am trying to put together 4th century gothic outfit.
      Now I want to make the Thorsbjerg tunic but from what I have seen
      there seems to be 2 of them. One with a boat neck and narrowing
      sleeves accomplished by increasind the seam allowence to create a
      taper, and the other seems to have a different neck line sleve seams
      visable from the front and a splpit at the cuffs. I have seen a
      picture and description of it in an osprey book, I believe Rome's
      Enemies 1 Germanics and Dacians. In this book it says that it was
      found at Angeln in denmark. In anycase can anyone help me by
      providing patterns for appropriate clothing for my Goth including
      footwear. I would like to do this right as kids are fed so much
      Hollywood misconception today.

      Thanks
      Jarek