Re: [gothic-l] a windows font with "hw"

  • Nualle Schallenberger
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 25, 2004
      The Gothic font available here:
      http://babel.uoregon.edu/yamada/fonts/germanic.html
      includes "hw" for transliterating purposes on shift-3
      (#). It looks well enough, though not perfect, with
      Times Roman.

      --- Yevgeni Chukharev <swrus@...> wrote:
      > Does anybody on the list know of any windows
      > truetype font which has
      > a character for gothic "hw"?

      http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/print_splash
    • Tom De Herdt
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 25, 2004
        Fonts with support for U+0195 (LATIN SMALL LETTER HV) and U+01F6 (LATIN
        CAPITAL LETTER HWAIR):

        Lucida Sans Unicode: ships with MS Windows 2000/XP
        Arial Unicode MS: ships with recent versions of MS Office

        Junicode: http://www.engl.virginia.edu/OE/junicode/junicode.html
        Gentium: www.sil.org/~gaultney/gentium/
        Cardo: http://scholarsfonts.net/cardofnt.html
        TITUS Cyberbit Basic:
        http://titus.fkidg1.uni-frankfurt.de/unicode/tituut.asp

        You can probably find more fonts by trying the list at
        http://www.alanwood.net/unicode/latin_extended_b.html.

        Best regards,
        Tom