a windows font with "hw"

  • Yevgeni Chukharev
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 25 10:22 AM
      Does anybody on the list know of any windows truetype font which has
      a character for gothic "hw"? Thorn is present in virtually every
      font, but I have been unable to find one with "hw" as a single
      letter. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      Thank you in advance,

      Yevgeni
    • Nualle Schallenberger
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 25 1:11 PM
        The Gothic font available here:
        http://babel.uoregon.edu/yamada/fonts/germanic.html
        includes "hw" for transliterating purposes on shift-3
        (#). It looks well enough, though not perfect, with
        Times Roman.

        --- Yevgeni Chukharev <swrus@...> wrote:
        > Does anybody on the list know of any windows
        > truetype font which has
        > a character for gothic "hw"?

        http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/print_splash
      • Tom De Herdt
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 25 2:09 PM
          Fonts with support for U+0195 (LATIN SMALL LETTER HV) and U+01F6 (LATIN
          CAPITAL LETTER HWAIR):

          Lucida Sans Unicode: ships with MS Windows 2000/XP
          Arial Unicode MS: ships with recent versions of MS Office

          Junicode: http://www.engl.virginia.edu/OE/junicode/junicode.html
          Gentium: www.sil.org/~gaultney/gentium/
          Cardo: http://scholarsfonts.net/cardofnt.html
          TITUS Cyberbit Basic:
          http://titus.fkidg1.uni-frankfurt.de/unicode/tituut.asp

          You can probably find more fonts by trying the list at
          http://www.alanwood.net/unicode/latin_extended_b.html.

          Best regards,
          Tom