Re: Gothic Religion

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 16, 2004
      Dear Rik,

      don't be misled by the old confusion between Goths (Germanic) and
      Getae (Thracian).
      Herodot writes about the Getae and their god Zalmoxis (in other
      sources: Zamolxis), but not about Walhalla. Following a tendency of
      that time, he re-interpreted the Getic chthonian god Zamolxis /
      Zalmoxis as a historical person.

      Francisc