Herodotos' Getae

  • rikeckhart
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14, 2004
      There is reason to believe that the Getae Herodotos writes about and
      the Goths are one and the same. The strange thing about Herodotos
      mentioning the Goth is the existance of there teacher Zalmoxis who
      lived 713 before Christ. This teacher like Pythagoras had learned in
      Egypt. He preached a kind of Gospel teaching that the soul after
      death goes to a Walhalla or heaven. There, in heaven, Zalmoxis is
      waiting for them. Zalmoxis theached that there is only one God and
      that all other gods are fake.
      Herodotos wrote in de 5th century BC. In the 1th century AD the year
      of birth of Zalmoxis is called year 1 of the Gothic calander. In our
      counting the year 713 BC.
      In Zalmoxis I personaly see a preformation of Jezus Christ. I think
      the religion of the Goth is our Christian religion. I think our
      history goes farther back than we presume.