[gothic-l] Re: translations...

  • Eric Craven
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 1998
      Christian Petersen wrote:

      Dear Colleagues,
      first of all: Netscape seems to enable us to display thorn and accented
      vowels.
      so has anybody any objections to using thorn and accented vowels??
      Second, The Wulfila Project is, indeed, not accessable in the moment.
      Tom did not announce to shut it down  when we had our last
      correspondence.
      should i copy what i have left to some server?? (copyright??)
      Finally, what Braune, Helm & Ebbinghaus meant in the first sentence of
      their chapter on the Gothic language was:
      'Our knowledge of the Gothic language is limited in many respect by the
      restricted availability of written records.'
      sorry about my translation, as i said my english is not that good
      Ebbinghaus and me
      hm, sounds like u know him... do u think it would be a problem to translate parts of the book (the things about the sources and the history) (of course quoting where we got it)?
      or does anyone else know about this and copyright??
       always have expressed the opinion that there ARE
      Gothic remnants to be discovered, for several reasons.
      However, good luck in your project!
      tx, well need it

      eric

      Free Web-based e-mail groups -- www.eGroups.com