New here

  • James M. Cheshire
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2004
      Hello, all. My name is James Cheshire, I'm 18, and I
      have an intense interest in European languages and
      people, past and present. I myself am of very recent
      Danish descent, so that might have something to do
      with it.

      I have studied the Gothic people/culture for a while,
      but I only started trying to learn the language two
      weeks ago, using Mr. Salo's lessons. Fortunately I
      haven't had too much difficulty with it, though
      technically I'm still a complete novice. A couple days
      ago I tried my skills by attempting to translate the
      phrase 'Deep Forest' into Gothic, and I came up with
      'Diups Waldus'. Did I get it right? I just want to
      make sure, as I plan on using it as the name of my
      not-yet-created web page.

      As of yet I haven't made a Gothic alias for myself
      like a lot of you have, and I don't consider myself
      good enough yet to write the subject line in Gothic,
      for fear that I'll make an unforgivable mistake. I
      will get better, though, and I hope that being on
      Gothic-L will help me to learn a lot faster. Glad to
      be here!

      Best Regards,
      James

      http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree