Goths and Getae

  • draket222
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 4, 2004
      Isn't it possible to have Dacian tribes taking over the Nordic people
      at different times.Since Thracians were so aggressive and culturaly
      advanced, this theory would make sense.

      Mike
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 19, 2004
        --- In gothic-l@yahoogroups.com, "draket222" <draket222@y...> wrote:
        > Isn't it possible to have Dacian tribes taking over the Nordic
        people
        > at different times.Since Thracians were so aggressive and culturaly
        > advanced, this theory would make sense.
        >
        > Mike

        Hi Mike,

        this is not a theory but speculation, unless you have any evidence.
        All we know about Thracians and Dacians is that they were conquered
        by the Romans in the 2nd century AD, and that they vanished as
        independend ethnic identities shortly thereafter.

        Cheers