Re: boLyar (magyar)

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2003
      --- In gothic-l@yahoogroups.com, "Le Bateman" <LeBateman@N...> wrote:
      > Can someone tell me if the Magyars were Goths.
      > Le

      Absolutely not. I am a Magyar and I can tell you for sure.
      "Magyar" is the own denomination of Hungarians.
      The Hungarian language is Finno-Ugric, with significant Old Turkic
      influence. Also physically the old Hungarians (Magyars) were not of
      the North European type, common among the Germanic peoples.