Word "Be"

  • Abrigon Gusiq
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 17, 2003
      Be, is it realted to "Being"?

      So I expect Gothic had a like word for it?

      Ich Bin = I am, or I Be
      Diu Bist = You Be
      Sehr Sind = They ? (Sind not sure what word is in German that is related
      or was it lost?).

      Mike
    • gazariah
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 17, 2003
        Mike:

        > Be, is it realted to "Being"?
        >
        > So I expect Gothic had a like word for it?

        If you want to know about the verb "to be" in Gothic, look at
        http://members.terracom.net/~dorothea/david/gothic/lesson4.html

        You have to scroll down a ways, but it's there, in lesson 4.

        Regards,
        Gazariah
      • Le Bateman
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 19, 2003
          Ich Bin is Modern German means I am, Du Bist, You are, He, She, It is
          Ich, Du, Er, sie, es. Sie, Ihre, Sie, Ealde Englisce byth, Ic Eam, Þu
          Eart, He, Heo, Hit Byth. Hwaet Eart Se Gotisc forms for Eam/Eom, Eart, Byth.
          Waes, Waeran. Am, Are, Is, Was, Were. Sinden. Have not seen the word Sehr
          means Very in Modern German Like Sehr Gut.
          Le

          So I expect Gothic had a like word for it?

          Ich Bin = I am, or I Be
          Diu Bist = You Be
          Sehr Sind = They ? (Sind not sure what word is in German that is related
          or was it lost?).

          Mike

          You are a member of the Gothic-L list. To unsubscribe, send a blank email
          to <gothic-l-unsubscribe@egroups.com>.