Re: [gothic-l] Virus alert - jdbgmgr.exe

  • Sahin Ahmet
    Message 1 of 4 , May 16 5:54 AM
      Do not delete that file! it is a harmless windows file, but if you did, no problem unless you use visual java.

      Ingemar Nordgren <ingemar@...> wrote:Hi everybody-hej alla! This message I received from a friend hose
      computer was infected. I found it also in mine but has deleted it
      according to the instructions below. It was successful.

      Best wishes/H�lsningar
      Ingemar

      Unfortunately, a colleague passed along a virus to me. My address book WAS
      infected.
      Since you are in my address book, there is a good chance you will find it
      in
      your computer. The virus,called jdbgmgr.exe, is not detected by Norton or
      McAfee anti virus systems. The virus sits quietly for 14 days before
      damaging the system. It is sent automatically by messenger and by the
      address book, whether or not you sent e-mail to your contacts.
      Here's how to check for the virus and how to get rid of it:
      YOU MUST DO THIS.
      1. Go to start, Find or Search option.
      2. In the file folder option, type the name
      jdbgmgr.exe
      3. Be sure you search your C: drive and all sub folders
      and any other drives you may have.
      4. Click "find now"
      5. The Virus has a Teddy Bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe DO NOT OPEN
      IT!
      ! ! !
      6. Go to Edit (on the menu bar) and choose "select all" to highlight the
      file without opening it.
      7. Now go to File (on the menu bar) and select delete.
      It will then go to the Recycle Bin (you can also do this by right clicking
      on the icon, but again, DO NOT open the file).
      8. IF YOU FIND THE VIRUS YOU MUST CONTACT ALL THE PEOPLE IN YOUR ADDRESS
      BOOK, SO THEY CAN ERADICATE IT IN THEIR OWN ADDRESS BOOKS.
      To Do This:
      a) Open a new e-mail message
      b) Click the icon of the address book next to the "TO"
      c) Highlight every name and add to "BCC" (which means
      blind copy)
      d) Copy this message and paste it to a new
      e-mail.
      Sorry for the headache

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Message 2 of 4 , May 19 1:02 AM
        Ahmet is right - this IS a hoax!
        And this is not the first time it appears.
        Fortunately, jdbgmgr.exe, although a MS-Windows system file, is not
        indispensable for the proper fuctioning of the system (it is for
        recognising files with very long file names, if I remember correctly).
        Francisc

        blank email to <gothic-l-unsubscribe@egroups.com>.

        Service.