Re: Wodhanaz 2

  • hrafnsnest <mimir@smithsys.net>
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 18, 2002
      --- In gothic-l@yahoogroups.com, "M. Carver" <me@m...> wrote:
      > Hails!

      > BTW do we agree that Odhinn = Go. *Wodans "mad, frenzied"?
      >
      > -matthew
      > co-owner, gothic-l

      Hails once again Matthew,

      To answer your question, yes, we do agree about the Gothic term "wodhs". An emotive disposition, that I believe was deified by the Gmc. mannerbund. We'll never know if it was among the early (pre-Arian) Goths, one can only postulate in light of the fact that the word was retained, a pattern that was repeated by other Gmc. dialects.
      Sael,
      Jeff