Woðenez

  • Le Bateman
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 18, 2002
      Since Jordanes in his Gotica does not refer to him by his native name, but
      calls him Mars Thingus we do not actually know if they had a name for him
      which was similiar to Woden. And the noun Wode means to rage like go into
      a frenzy. I had heard that their god was called Gautr. See Teutonic
      Mythology by Jacob Grimm it covers Gothic names of the gods. Frauja etc..
      Haulja.ect...
      Le