Re: [gothic-l] Pornography on Gothic-List

  • M. Carver
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 21, 2002
      Hails, Cory!

      It seems I don't have any power over what banners they show you. Those things are usually derived randomly or from
      cookies and scripts that tell them your url history or what you may be interested in, so it's strange that such
      things are appearing on your site. I will try to contact yahoogroups, but the the best thing to do in the meantime
      would be for you to complain to yahoogroups.

      Cheers,
      Matthew.

      cstrohmier wrote:

      > Dear Matt,
      >
      > Everyday when I visit Gothic-List, there is an advertisement in
      > red from AllPosters.com which flashes lewd pictures of topless women
      > in my face (which I really don't appreciate). Other Yahoo sites seem
      > to be able to stop these advertisements from coming in by putting a
      > (decent) picture in this spot on their homepages. Please take some
      > action to correct this situation.
      >
      > Sincerely,
      > Cory

    • Tore Gannholm
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 21, 2002
        Hi,
        What e-mail program do you use?
        The problem might be there. I don't get any banners. I only get a
        link at the bottom of the e-mail. I have to take the effort to open
        that link in order to see the advertisement.
        My advise: change the settings in your e-mail program and your
        computer will not open the adverts.
        Tore

        Tore