Re: Hello

    Message 1 of 36 , May 24, 2002
      Welcome to this list, which has been somewhat dormant recently. I
      think your text below does contain a lot of misconceptions and
      inaccuracies. Yet, Oskar provided you with a very good answer, to
      which I have nothing to add.

      If you read German, the latest book by Walter Pohl 'Die
      Voelkerwanderung', Kohlhammer Verlag, 2002, is of greatest interest
      for anybody interested in the Goths.

      cheers,
      Dirk

      --- In gothic-l@y..., "michaelsson51" <michaelsson51@y...> wrote:
      > Iam new to this group, but Iam have strong interest in the Gothic
      > peoples of Europe. I still to believe that the peoples of southern
      > Sweden, and Gotland, Northern Germany, Western Russia, and English
      > people (distant relation;will be discuused) have Goth blood that
      runs
      > in their veins. They are a very unique group of people, as 300
      > century they conquered nealy all of Scythia, blandeting all Scythia
      > tribes and 'slammed' into the Black sea far south. They also
      migrated
      > west towards the Rhein river, crossed it, and have emulated with
      > other peoples and other who have split the tribe and established
      own
      > tribes in Germany, which interculturalted many German tribes and
      > peoples. Then the West Goths, or politically correct the Visigoths,
      > crossed the Rhein to conquer Spain of course. They have been seen
      > very barbaric and one of the worst what the Romans called, but
      their
      > culture favored the Romans as much as they wanted an Empire like
      the
      > Romans.
      >

      > Al
    • Friþureiks
      Message 36 of 36 , Oct 22, 2009
        Hi!
        This comes very late but I answer anyway.
        I think it would be better with frijaba instead of frije.
        The word for life is libains (sf) if i'm not totaly wrong.
        I don't know if giban takes any special case but i'd guess it should be accusative, hence "Ik giba frijaba libain meina" (if dative: libainai meinai)