Re: [gothic-l] Digest Number 552

  • Ingemar Nordgren
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2002
      Keth wrote:

      > Dear Ingemar,
      >
      > I looked out for your book today.
      > First I looked under your name in the Swedish booksellers web page,
      > but did not find anything. Then I went to "Libris" (the Swedish
      > libraries) and there found two editions, one from 1998, and the other
      > from 2000. The latter one also had an isbn number. I now also
      > had the title, which was "Goterkällan", if I am not mistaken.
      > Well, I went back to the book store and searched under the isbn
      > number. Still nothing. Then I went to Yahoo and searched the
      > list archives. Nothing there either. Then I went to the lists's
      > file area, to see if the summary you mentioned had been posted
      > there. But that did not give any results either.

      Keth,

      I have offered you before to send you the book in a PDF-file on a CD.
      Electronically it is too heavy being 444 pp. Just mail me privately
      your postadress and full name and I'll send it.

      If you want to have the book in original I can send that too, but then
      we have the postage of c:a 100 SEK to Norway (it weighs 1 kg) and 200
      SEK for the book to cover my printing costs. That is below the price
      the bookstores pay me for delivery, and then they charge that sum and
      the postage plus their profit. I have sold one copy to the
      Nationalbibliotek in Oslo. The normal way of buying it is via
      Akademibokhandeln in the Swedish university cities - they order from me
      - and it is also possible to order from Västergötlands museum via the
      web - www.skaramus.se and link to 'böcker'. Also via 'Bokringen' in the
      net.magazine Artefact you are linked to the museum. The actual edition
      is "Goterkällan. Om goterna i Norden och på kontinenten", 2nd edition,
      Historieforum Västra Götaland, Göteborg 2000. The book includes
      summaries in English and German.

      Please let me know your decision in a private mail.

      Kindly