[gothic-l] Re: guta lagh

  • Tore Gannholm
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 1998
      I have published guta lagh in the original language from early 13th century on
      http://gotland.luma.com/guta.htm
      According to the late professor in Nordic languages Elial Wessén the Gothic
      and Gotlandic languages are almost identical. We must however consider that
      there is about 700 years difference between Codex Argentus and guta lagh
      written down about 1220.
      Regards Tore Gannholm
    • Eric Craven
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 1998
        i am by no means an expert, but this looks closer to icelandic to me than to gothic [but as i said, just my humble opinion] do u maybe know a bit of information about the history of gotlandic or any files dealing with it (if available)
        [maybe some swedish speaker could summarize the timeline at the bottom, i understand a bit, although not much, but others might not]

        tx a lot, i think this is a very important contribution, if we really want to "revive" the language

        eric

        Free Web-based e-mail groups -- www.eGroups.com