Recommendation

  • Bertil Haggman
    Message 1 of 26 , Jan 24, 2002
      Indeed thank you for your views on Heather. It is not
      my intention to belittle Heather, little book or not, only
      to point out that research is continuing, both on formation
      of the Goths in Scandinavia and elsewhere and that it is
      not enough only to throw around names to impress.

      Bertil Haggman

      Heather, The Goths, was published 1996. As you persistently keep
      on calling this "Heather's little book", I assure you you have no
      reason to belittle it or its author. The series it was published in is
      not a popular series. All the authors of this series, The Peoples of
      Europe, are renowned people, the books are all equipped with
      annotations, a bibliography and a register. You may have heard of
      E.A.Thompson, Neil Christie, Malcolm Todd and Roger Collins, to
      name some of them. And, as I already said, this "little book" has
      got 378 pages in hard cover.