Re: [gothic-l] The Gothic Name

  • Oskar Andersson
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 22, 2002
      Hi,

      *snip*

      > Finally Wolfram holds no final authority or a complete truth.
      > Research and debate is continuing. Heathers book on the Goths
      > is a short one in a popular series on various peoples and
      > likewise is holding no authority.

      I just can't understand this above comment. Why should Heather's
      book be devalued because it is part of the "People's of Europe" series?
      He has a credible research and many references. No one really
      seriously could declaim his authority on the subjects - not even you.
      Moreover, Heather authored more books than "The Goths" that should
      be studied.

      > So I must disappoint you. But I guess you somehow suspected
      > that.

      You are unbelieveable, Bertil :)

      > Gothically
      >
      > Bertil