[gothic-l] Re: Gothic Influence on OE

  • Mieke van Breukelen
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 1999
      Sorry for crossposting.

      Tomas,
      I am working on the same subject and would be glad to hear if you receive
      any information on the subject offlist.

      Mieke van Breukelen
      miekeb@...

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 1999
        On Thu, 1 Jul 1999, Mieke van Breukelen wrote:

> [...]

        Wright's grammar was just reprinted in 1997; I'd be quite surprised if
        there were no copies of that printing left.

        \/ __ __ _\_ --Sean Crist (kurisuto@...)
        --- | | \ / http://www.ling.upenn.edu/~kurisuto/
        _| ,| ,| -----
        _| ,| ,| [_]
        | | | [_]

        eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/gothic-l
      • Tomas Mac an Chrosain
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 1, 1999
          Mieke:
          I've not been able to research this topic yet. You must be well ahead of
          me! I am only a beginner at Gothic and I subscribed to this list to help
          motivate me to get started. I have been fascinated with the Goths off
          and on since the early 90s. I had been in Austin at the Un of Texas
          library perusing two books on Gothic and the Crimean Gothic book. The
          destiny of these late Goths has been one of those things that has made
          me curious for all of these years. So I am interested in the Goths and
          ancient history of Germanic peoples for a long time..as well as the
          Celts, Scythians, Thracians ,Tocharians and the other Indo-European
          speaking peoples.
          Do let me know what you find out and I hope to see you publish. If and
          when you do, I'll be interested in ordering a copy!
          Dank U,
          Tomas