[gothic-l] Re: Wright was rong

  • mcarver
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 27, 1999
      Christian Petersen wrote:

      > Thanks to Sean Crist, Joe Wright's dic is now online - great stuff.
      > Concerning the corrections made by Sean and Gerry:

      Yes, many thanks. BTW My own online lexicon also contains Wright's list
      (in streamlined form albeit) as well as supplemental words from Krause
      et al. Sean's is especially useful because it maintains the comparative
      Gmc stuff.

      > > 'mun?s' is incorrectly translated as 'month'; the correct translation is 'mouth'.
      > >

      > I have the 1930 impression in front of me. Here it is correct: 'mun?s'
      > = 'mouth';
      > 'month' would be 'meno?s'.

      This seems like a typical optical scan error to me. Did you use optical
      text conversion Sean?

      --Matt

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/gothic-l