Goths in Archaeology

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2002
      The link below takes you to the synopsis of a recent article on the
      Goths in the Journal of European Archaeology.

      http://www.sagepub.co.uk/frame.html?
      http://www.sagepub.co.uk/journals/details/issue/abstract/ab006628.html

      I have not yet read the whole article, but the interpretations for
      the reasons why the Goths left northern Poland seem to be
      interesting. Also, the author seems to identify a continuation of the
      Wielbark culture after the departure of the Goths, which eventually
      resulted in the culture that was carried by the Old Prussians.

      cheers,
      Dirk
    • Tore Gannholm
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2002
        >The link below takes you to the synopsis of a recent article on the
        >Goths in the Journal of European Archaeology.
        >
        >http://www.sagepub.co.uk/frame.html?
        >http://www.sagepub.co.uk/journals/details/issue/abstract/ab006628.html
        >
        >I have not yet read the whole article, but the interpretations for
        >the reasons why the Goths left northern Poland seem to be
        >interesting. Also, the author seems to identify a continuation of the
        >Wielbark culture after the departure of the Goths, which eventually
        >resulted in the culture that was carried by the Old Prussians.
        >
        >cheers,
        >Dirk

        Dirk,
        This fits very well into my understanding of the situation and the
        continuing links with Gotland.

        Tore