Scanian runes-Skånska runor

  • hakan36@spray.se
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 5, 2001
      Since we are talking about the dome in Lund, we might as well discuss
      scanian runes. As late as the 13th c the runes were used in Skåne.
      In this site you can also and listen to the oldest written down
      musicnotes in the nordic countries.

      http://www.hum.ku.dk/ami/am28.html

      The last rune in the world was proably written by an old goatherding
      women from Älvdalen, Dalarna, Sweden around 1900.

      http://oden.klippan.se/elevarbete/nv94daal/NetIt23/20697x.htm

      Håkan Liljeberg
    • hakan36@spray.se
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 8, 2001
        --- In gothic-l@y..., hakan36@s... wrote:

        Adam van Duren who worked in Denmark and Sweden in 1490-1530 and
        rebuilt of the Linköping dome. He rebuilt among other things the
        crypt and designed and cut bishop Birger Gunnersen´s sarcophagus. On
        the top you can see his signature ADAM with big letters. On the top
        left there are some runes who look scanian-danish medieval. These
        might reflect a nationalistic interest in runes in the 16th and 17th
        c. The runes doesn´t seem to have a meaning, but if I find another
        interpretation, I will come back to them.

        > Since we are talking about the dome in Lund, we might as well
        discuss
        > scanian runes. As late as the 13th c the runes were used in Skåne.
        > In this site you can also and listen to the oldest written down
        > musicnotes in the nordic countries.
        >
        > http://www.hum.ku.dk/ami/am28.html

        In the runic message only "g" and "ä" was written with runes. The old
        women who couldn´t remember the right latin ones, instead took to the
        letters that she knew best, the runes. The message is: AAD GÄT 1900,
        which means Anna Andersdotter "goated", that will say goatherded.
        Probably one of the last runes written in an UNBROKEN tradition since
        the iron-age. Pretty amazing when you think about it.

        > The last rune in the world was probably written by an old goatherd-
        >ing women from Älvdalen, Dalarna, Sweden around 1900.
        I will probably come back to the other inscriptions later.

        The Älvdalsmål also has w-sound and mute or eluded h. One exemple you
        may find in the songtitles far down 'tungelest´n', which means "the
        moonphase-horse". That word is only known from another language, the
        gothic one. It is known as 'tuggl'. Fascinating isn´t it?

        http://www.amigo.se/amcd_742eng.htm

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 8, 2001