Goths as Enemies of the Roman Empire

  • Bertil Häggman
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2001
      Dear listmembers,

      For some time I have been considering providing a list of Gothic-
      Roman Wars just to give an idea of the extension of hostilities.

      I have decided to just present the years as a first installment.
      If there is an interest it might be an idea to provide short
      histories of the various wars. Here goes.

      First Gothic War 213-214 AD
      Second Gothic War 235-237 AD
      Third Gothic War 248-249 AD
      Fourth Gothic War 250-251 AD
      Fifth Gothic War 253-254 AD
      Sixth Gothic War 256-258 AD
      Seventh Gothic War 262-270 AD
      Eighth Gothic War 271 AD
      Ninth Gothic War 274-276 AD
      Tenth Gothic War 321-322 AD
      Eleventh Gothic War 328 AD
      Twelfth Gothic War 332 AD
      Thirteenth Gothic War 367-369 AD
      Fourteenth Gothic War 376-382 AD
      Fifteenth Gothic War 395-397 AD
      Sixteenth Gothic War 400-403 AD
      Seventeenth Gothic War 405 AD
      Eighteenth Gothic War 408-411 AD
      Nineteenth Gothic War 467-470 AD

      Odovakar by the Roman troops (main Rugi, Sciri and
      Turkilingians) in 476 AD proclaimed King of Italy.

      Gothically

      Bertil