[gothic-l] Re: _The Goths_ by Felix Dahn

  • Christian Petersen
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 1998
      Dear Bertil, dear members,
      Felix Ludwig Sophus DAHN has produced a vast amount of literature - not
      everything of equal value.
      However, I was not lucky in finding any work of 1899. Is what you refer
      to identical with what his offspring Friedel has published later on in
      the name of Felix?
      Gawairthi; Chris
    • Bertil Haggman
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 7, 1998
        Christian Petersen wrote:

        > Dear Bertil, dear members,
        > Felix Ludwig Sophus DAHN has produced a vast amount of literature - not
        > everything of equal value.
        > However, I was not lucky in finding any work of 1899. Is what you refer
        > to identical with what his offspring Friedel has published later on in
        > the name of Felix?

        Chris,

        All I can say is that the publishing company
        provided the following information:

        "Bearbeitete, ungekuertzte Neuausgabe mit
        saemtlichen Abbildungen und Karten der im
        Verlag Baumgaertel Berlin 1899 erschienenen
        4 Baende umfassenden Urgeschichte der
        germanischen und romanischen Voelker. Heraus-
        gegeben von Alexander Heine. Der vorliegende
        Band entspricht von der Aufteilung der Erst.
        ausgabe Band I ungekuertzt".

        In view of this my previous info might have
        been somewhat misleading. The new edition
        is Volume I of the four volume work on the
        Germanich and Romanic peoples by Dahn.

        Best wishes

        Bertil Haggman