Gothicisms?

  • Håkan L
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2000
      Hi everybody!
      I just want to take the opportunity to welcome Sverre the new member
      of the group. And here is some new words from the gotlandic
      radioprogram on their dialect, "gutamåul", gutonians language.
      There are some interesting words, please listen to it.

      http://www.sr.se/gotland/gutamal/sounds/gotl1700.ram

      0.55 "..allä fuGlar har kumme.." All birds have come(G=soft g)
      1.25 "Frukttred glongar..blommar allting..glongar u härjar med i
      tredgardar." Fruit-trees blossom..flourish everything..blossom and
      ravish together(with)in the gardens.
      1.50 "Blommä, blommar.."flower flourish
      2.02 "Ryg sädesslage sum glonger." Rye the crop that thrives.
      2.20 "Sveinblommä"(pig-flower)dandelion
      2.45 "Je vait int,..di gynnar så täidlig pa ladingi." I
      don´t know they start so early in the spring.(the gothic word is
      duginnan, but "du" is a infinitive-mark, to begin, isn´t it?)
      2.50 "Mange har sånne." Many has such
      3.10 "Barnbarni haddi sånne, nogle moröttar haimä" The
      grand-child had such, some carrots at home
      3.30 "Sveinblommu" the dandelion
      3.50 "Täu lamb,..typiske gotlänningar, saknär hånn." Two
      sheep,..typical gotlanders, horns are missing.
      4.50 "Di var svartsjäuke(black-sick)" They were jealous.
      5.00 "Hann haddi fylgt henni haim fra aitt bryllaup(bride-run?)" He
      had followed here home from a wedding.
      7.24 "Staik-strik" steak-tune/piece
      8.51 "..nå ir vi sultne pa kyta-mat" now we are hungry for
      meat-food
      9.20 "..kundi ha nok vari lite mair" ..could well have been a little
      more

      I hope you will enjoy it!

      Gothic greetings from

      Gutwulfs