[gothic-l] Greetings from Gothalaunia

  • FHD1999
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25 4:44 PM
      > Tim O'Neill wrote:
      > >
      > > Hails!
      > >
      > > I threw this together tonight. It's based on an appendix in Henry
      > > Bradley's ancient and rather quaint 19th century book 'The Goths' and
      > > I imagine some of it is all wrong. I find some of his English
      > > translations ('Amala-' for example) rather suspect, but I thought I'd
      > > submit it to the group's scrutiny and amend and add to it later.
      > >
      > > http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Salon/2385/gothnames.html

      Hi, everyone

      I'm new at this list. I've visited your webpage and, since my interest is
      on ethimology of Spanish names and surnames, I've enjoyed it very much.

      About the name "Wamba": Did you know there is a town in Spain which has
      that name? It's the ancient "Gerticos" where king Wamba was elected, but I
      don't know when and why the change of name took place. Some of you know it?

      Greetings from Manlleu, Catalonia, Spain