[gothic-l] Mail to Crimea Webpage Owner (copy)

  • Bertil Häggman
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 1999
      Found your webpage on Crimea of great interest as
      I am researching Swedish-Crimean Tartar relations
      throughout the centuries. These relations were based
      on a mutual interest in defense against the Russian
      Empire. So far I have written two articles on the subject,
      both published on the net.

      A question: Would you be able to recommend material
      on archaelogical excavations of Crimean Gothic sites
      on the Crimea?

      A not so old essay on the Crimean Gothic language
      can be found in _Germanische Rest- und Truemmersprachen_,
      Walter de Gruyter-Berlin-New York, 1989:

      McDonald Stearns Jr, "Das Krimgotische". I believe this essay
      was translated from Englist to German.

      Stearns has published a review on research until 1975 on the
      Crimean Gothic language, McDonald Stearns Jr., "Crimean
      Gothic. Analysis and etymology of the corpus (Studia linguistica
      et philologica, 6), Anma Libri, Saratoga, California, 1978, pp. 27-36.

      Best wishes

      Bertil Haggman