[gothic-l] Re: Dwarf and other words

  • Neil Fulton
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 1999
      > I wonder what Dwarf and it's plural would be in Gothic?

      Presumably *dwairgs, *dwairgos (it's just an ordinary masc.
      noun: as far as I know, English is the only language where
      phonetic developments make the plural form look odd).

      Neil
    • got@yesbox.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 1999
        nfulto-@... (neil fulton) wrote:
        original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/gothic-l/?start=1247
        > > I wonder what Dwarf and it's plural would be in Gothic?
        >
        > Presumably *dwairgs, *dwairgos (it's just an ordinary masc.
        > noun: as far as I know, English is the only language where
        > phonetic developments make the plural form look odd).
        >
        > Neil

        That was interesting!
        In Sw.dvärg "dwarf", in plural "dvärgar"