Re: [gothic-l] Re: Gothic thing

  • OSCAR HERRE
    Message 1 of 20 , May 26 9:14 AM
      i read it as a derivative from gaqumths......

      Message 2 of 20 , May 26 9:17 AM
        who went to those round tables...man i couldnt get away to go to the one in madrid.....

        Message 3 of 20 , May 27 12:35 PM
          Its gaqiman = to assmple, to come together (modern German gekommen) which leads to gaqumths = the assmply, the coming together as in old High German ge-cumpft and modern German (zusammen-kunft).

          Further possibilities for Gothic gathering might be:

          *mahals

          *thingus (I guess)

          *samanqumths (modern German zusammenkunft)

          But I cannot see how one could arrive at gaquinta.

          Cheers
          Dirk (which is Thiudareiks in Gothic)

          Message 4 of 20 , May 27 12:42 PM
            just when I clicked on "send" I also remembered

            Gothic gafaurds = council/gathering

            Cheers,
            Dirk

            --- In gothic-l@yahoogroups.com, "faltin2001" <d.faltin@...> wrote:

            > Its gaqiman = to assmple, to come together (modern German gekommen) which leads to gaqumths = the assmply, the coming together as in old High German ge-cumpft and modern German (zusammen-kunft).
            >
            > Further possibilities for Gothic gathering might be:
            >
            > *mahals
            >
            > *thingus (I guess)
            >
            > *samanqumths (modern German zusammenkunft)
            >
            > But I cannot see how one could arrive at gaquinta.
            >
            > Cheers
            > Dirk (which is Thiudareiks in Gothic)
            >

            > --- In gothic-l@yahoogroups.com, OSCAR HERRE <duke.co@> wrote:
            > >
            > > i read it as a derivative from gaqumths......

          • OSCAR HERRE
            Message 5 of 20 , May 27 3:35 PM
              my mistake......we should quiz one another on our ability to write and speak goth....

              Message 6 of 20 , Jun 2, 2013
                Ik ni thata magan taujan. Kunthi gutiska razda sleihts jah vans ist. :-)

                Hails
                Dirk / Thiudareiks