The Old Germanic principles of name-giving

  • jacques_de_molay1314
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 24, 2012
      Hails!

      Dear Friends,

      Can anyone help me? I'm looking for this book: "The Old Germanic principles of name-giving" by Henry Bosley Woolf, published 1939 by The Johns Hopkins press in Baltimore. Can anybody scan this book for me? I really need this book. I just have one more question, can anyone recommend me other books like this (especially books about Gothic anthroponymy)? I will be very grateful for your help. Thanks in advance!
    • Sigi Vandewinkel
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 24, 2012
        Hi there,

        Two sellers on Amazon.com offer this book for about $35-40.  Alternatively, perhaps someone here with access to Modern Language Quarterly through their university could pass this pdf versionon to you.

        Failing that, WorldCat has a list of libraries currently holding that book. One of your local libraries can undoubtedly request it for you.

        Best,
        Sigi

        ________________________________
        Can anyone help me? I'm looking for this book: "The Old Germanic principles of name-giving" by Henry Bosley Woolf, published 1939 by The Johns Hopkins press in Baltimore. Can anybody scan this book for me? I really need this book. I just have one more question, can anyone recommend me other books like this (especially books about Gothic anthroponymy)? I will be very grateful for your help. Thanks in advance!

      • ingemarn2000
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 24, 2012
          If a PDF is available I am as well interested!

          Ingemar

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 24, 2012
            I'll have a look tomorrow, when I'm logged in through the university.

            Also, since the list ate my links, here are the addresses:

            Modern Language Quarterly: http://mlq.dukejournals.org/content/1/4/563.full.pdf

            Worldcat's list of libraries: http://www.worldcat.org/title/old-germanic-principles-of-name-giving/oclc/300708438?referer=di&ht=edition

            S.

          • Sigi Vandewinkel
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 25, 2012
              Nope, no luck I'm afraid. No electronic version seems to be available, apart from the Google Books snippet view ( http://books.google.se/books?id=QvwcAAAAYAAJ&redir_esc=y%c2%a0) and the "search inside" over at Hathi Trust ( http://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=mdp.39015008853379%c2%a0). Inter-library loan is the only option, it would seem.

              Best,
              Sigi