Re: My Gothic Name Page

  • autoreport
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 22, 2012
      -mund in ga-mund is equivalent to English "mind" (in OE gemynd), Latin mens, ment-. The mund in Germanic names however is cognate with Latin manus, hand, with a sense of "protection/protector", an figuratve use of the primary sense "hand" derived from idioms such as "place in your hands" "take in hand".