Survey on "Language Skills of the Gothic Language"

  • kevin.behrens@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 24, 2012
      Hello,
      I am writing as a member of the association of the gothic language in Germany (Verein der gotischen Sprache n. e. V.). We created a short survey to evaluate how many people there are that know Gothic and at which level. We friendly ask you to fill that survey out. It is just four questions long and won't take more than 1 minute. It is very important to cover as many people as possible that know any Gothic. So, if you know other people that have or had skills in Gothic, please send them the link to the survey.
      We really thank you!
      Have a nice day!

      Here is the link to the survey:
      http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/G9FQGXX

      But you can also find the survey on our page at Facebook: 'Verein der gotischen Sprache n. e. V.', or our homepage: 'www.vereindergotischensprache.de'
    • thomasruhm
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 24, 2012
        You could have a look at "http://aveneca.com/cbb/index.php". Linguistics & Natlangs got a vivid Gothic topic.

        Just yesterday somebody asked me in an e-mail what I think about Crimean Gothic because he does know somebody who likes that. It was a surprise to me.
      • Kevin Behrens
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 24, 2012
          Hey,
          thank you for the tip. I wondered that I already had an account there, haha. I made an announcement in their thread. Maybe someone will come to the association or answer the survey. =)

          To: gothic-l@yahoogroups.com
          From: thomas@...
          Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 15:01:35 +0000
          Subject: [gothic-l] Re: Survey on "Language Skills of the Gothic Language"

          You could have a look at "http://aveneca.com/cbb/index.php". Linguistics & Natlangs got a vivid Gothic topic.

          Just yesterday somebody asked me in an e-mail what I think about Crimean Gothic because he does know somebody who likes that. It was a surprise to me.

        • OSCAR HERRE
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 24, 2012
            i sent in survey.....

            To: gothic-l@yahoogroups.com
            From: thomas@...
            Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 15:01:35 +0000

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 24, 2012
              You are welcome. :)
            • kevin.behrens@rocketmail.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 27, 2012
                Thank you for voting for so far. 25 people have voted yet, which is more than we actually expected. =) (But compared to the 455 members here it is a ridiculously small number.)
                Due to the stagnancy of voting we don't expect many other votes. So, we will close the survey in the course of the next week. If you still haven't voted yet, DO IT NOW! =) We still need your votes!
                The results (which won't be spectacular, but there are some) will be published next month.
                Thank you very much for your participation! That was really helpful!
              • ingemarn2000
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 28, 2012
                  Hi Kevin!

                  It is maybe not that peculiar since many might be members because they are interested in Gothic history and not specially the language. I am one of those myself that would like to have much more history on this list instead of having to discuss Gothic history on Germanic list! Still Good Luck with the book!

                  Ingemar