Visigothic song in youtube: Guthe Inweita

  • ertydfh110
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 11, 2011
      Hello, searching about gothic language and culture I´ve found this song. The author says the follwing:

      Aelfric - Guthe Inweita (Invocation of the Gods)

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs-Bk43uRVM

      Enter the enchanting and mysterious world of the ancient Goths. Aelfric and HallDream present restored texts in the ancient Gothic language, in elder verse form, cleverly merged with authentic Visigothic melodies found in manuscripts preserved in the old Goth-lands of Spain. This breakthrough reconstruction now makes ancient, authentic Gothic music available for the first time ever. The vocals are poems/songs in the Gothic language accompanied by the Germanic harp, penny whistle, drum and synths.

      -------------
      I know nothing about Gothic language. For those of you that understand it, do you understand what the song says?. May be you can give a translation if you have some time. Is the gothic language he is using prety accurate?.It seems he has done a good job on it and the music also sounds good.

      It seems you can buy his music from here:
      http://gs23.inmotionhosting.com/~napalm5/medievalmusic2.htm

      Regards.
    • ertydfh110
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 11, 2011
        Well. Continuing reading the list I´ve found the thread related to this gothic music:

        --- In gothic-l@yahoogroups.com, "ertydfh110" <ertydfh110@...> wrote:

        > Hello, searching about gothic language and culture I´ve found this song. The author says the follwing:
        >

        > Aelfric - Guthe Inweita (Invocation of the Gods)
        >
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs-Bk43uRVM
        >
        > Enter the enchanting and mysterious world of the ancient Goths. Aelfric and HallDream present restored texts in the ancient Gothic language, in elder verse form, cleverly merged with authentic Visigothic melodies found in manuscripts preserved in the old Goth-lands of Spain. This breakthrough reconstruction now makes ancient, authentic Gothic music available for the first time ever. The vocals are poems/songs in the Gothic language accompanied by the Germanic harp, penny whistle, drum and synths.
        >
        > -------------
        > I know nothing about Gothic language. For those of you that understand it, do you understand what the song says?. May be you can give a translation if you have some time. Is the gothic language he is using prety accurate?.It seems he has done a good job on it and the music also sounds good.
        >
        > It seems you can buy his music from here:
        > http://gs23.inmotionhosting.com/~napalm5/medievalmusic2.htm
        >
        > Regards.

      • OSCAR HERRE
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 11, 2011
          wow thats badass.....

          Well. Continuing reading the list I´ve found the thread related to this gothic music:

          --- In gothic-l@yahoogroups.com, "ertydfh110" <ertydfh110@...> wrote:

          > Hello, searching about gothic language and culture I´ve found this song. The author says the follwing:
          >

          > Aelfric - Guthe Inweita (Invocation of the Gods)
          >
          > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs-Bk43uRVM
          >
          > Enter the enchanting and mysterious world of the ancient Goths. Aelfric and HallDream present restored texts in the ancient Gothic language, in elder verse form, cleverly merged with authentic Visigothic melodies found in manuscripts preserved in the old Goth-lands of Spain. This breakthrough reconstruction now makes ancient, authentic Gothic music available for the first time ever. The vocals are poems/songs in the Gothic language accompanied by the Germanic harp, penny whistle, drum and synths.
          >
          > -------------
          > I know nothing about Gothic language. For those of you that understand it, do you understand what the song says?. May be you can give a translation if you have some time. Is the gothic language he is using prety accurate?.It seems he has done a good job on it and the music also sounds good.
          >
          > It seems you can buy his music from here:
          > http://gs23.inmotionhosting.com/~napalm5/medievalmusic2.htm
          >
          > Regards.

        • Brian Smith
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 11, 2011
            I have always found Ælfric to be very obliging with lyric sheets (in PDF) to anyone who asks for them. All you have to do is contact him and he usually gets back to you with the requested material in less than 48 hours.

            Best regards,

            Brian

            ________________________________
            Well. Continuing reading the list I´ve found the thread related to this gothic music:

            --- In gothic-l@yahoogroups.com, "ertydfh110" <ertydfh110@...> wrote:

            > Hello, searching about gothic language and culture I´ve found this song. The author says the follwing:
            >

            > Aelfric - Guthe Inweita (Invocation of the Gods)
            >
            > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs-Bk43uRVM
            >
            > Enter the enchanting and mysterious world of the ancient Goths. Aelfric and HallDream present restored texts in the ancient Gothic language, in elder verse form, cleverly merged with authentic Visigothic melodies found in manuscripts preserved in the old Goth-lands of Spain. This breakthrough reconstruction now makes ancient, authentic Gothic music available for the first time ever. The vocals are poems/songs in the Gothic language accompanied by the Germanic harp, penny whistle, drum and synths.
            >
            > -------------
            > I know nothing about Gothic language. For those of you that understand it, do you understand what the song says?. May be you can give a translation if you have some time. Is the gothic language he is using prety accurate?.It seems he has done a good job on it and the music also sounds good.
            >
            > It seems you can buy his music from here:
            > http://gs23.inmotionhosting.com/~napalm5/medievalmusic2.htm
            >
            > Regards.

          • ertydfh110
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 11, 2011
              Thank you Brian.

              I´ll do it.

              Regards.

              --- In gothic-l@yahoogroups.com, Brian Smith <heatheninfo@...> wrote:

              > I have always found Ælfric to be very obliging with lyric sheets (in PDF) to anyone who asks for them. All you have to do is contact him and he usually gets back to you with the requested material in less than 48 hours.
              >
              > Best regards,
              >
              > Brian

            • anheropl0x
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 11, 2011
                Some of his pronunciations I don't agree with. But I have been listening to this album since I got it in 2009, and it's really incredible. It feels so authentic.