Re: [gothic-l] Re: Spanish Goths

  • OSCAR HERRE
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 9, 2011
       my name is derived from the gothic namesakes......i have descendants from noth central sspain and up to the northeastern part at the border of france.......back to the 16th century,,,,,,

      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 9, 2011
        also read when i was in college thru historical records that the goth were  say like the u. s. marines when they collaborated to turn back the muslim invasion......

        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 9, 2011
          the goths changed all western european history thru their trimphs and tribulations and yet they have only chosen a modest civilized world with peace and prosperity....

          I add another curiosity. In this case it is not an Agote. Last week on Spanish television there was a program about Spanish nobility. There was a man, who is a marques, that in the minute 23:50 he is showing his family genealogy and he says that he is an ancestor or Ervigio, a gothic king:

          http://www.rtve.es/noticias/20111003/comando-actualidad-zona-noble/465800.shtml

          From minute 20 he is on the program and on 23:50 he shows his genealogical tree.

          It is just a curiosity.