Re: Spanish Goths

  • ertydfh110
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 9, 2011
      This guy is supposed to be a real Agote descendant. He is from the Batzan Vally in the Pirineos (where many agotes lived). He also played as an Agote in a recent film.

      Picture:
      http://zuzeu.com/wp-content/uploads/zuzeu/03_11/4742_medium_xegone.jpg

      Video:
      http://www.eitb.com/es/videos/detalle/617762/el-conquistador-entrevista-xegone/
    • ertydfh110
      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 9, 2011
        I add another curiosity. In this case it is not an Agote. Last week on Spanish television there was a program about Spanish nobility. There was a man, who is a marques, that in the minute 23:50 he is showing his family genealogy and he says that he is an ancestor or Ervigio, a gothic king:

        http://www.rtve.es/noticias/20111003/comando-actualidad-zona-noble/465800.shtml

        From minute 20 he is on the program and on 23:50 he shows his genealogical tree.

        It is just a curiosity.
      • OSCAR HERRE
        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 9, 2011
           my name is derived from the gothic namesakes......i have descendants from noth central sspain and up to the northeastern part at the border of france.......back to the 16th century,,,,,,

          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 9, 2011
            also read when i was in college thru historical records that the goth were  say like the u. s. marines when they collaborated to turn back the muslim invasion......

            I add another curiosity. In this case it is not an Agote. Last week on Spanish television there was a program about Spanish nobility. There was a man, who is a marques, that in the minute 23:50 he is showing his family genealogy and he says that he is an ancestor or Ervigio, a gothic king:

            http://www.rtve.es/noticias/20111003/comando-actualidad-zona-noble/465800.shtml

            From minute 20 he is on the program and on 23:50 he shows his genealogical tree.

            It is just a curiosity.

          • OSCAR HERRE
            Message 5 of 18 , Oct 9, 2011
              the goths changed all western european history thru their trimphs and tribulations and yet they have only chosen a modest civilized world with peace and prosperity....

              I add another curiosity. In this case it is not an Agote. Last week on Spanish television there was a program about Spanish nobility. There was a man, who is a marques, that in the minute 23:50 he is showing his family genealogy and he says that he is an ancestor or Ervigio, a gothic king:

              http://www.rtve.es/noticias/20111003/comando-actualidad-zona-noble/465800.shtml

              From minute 20 he is on the program and on 23:50 he shows his genealogical tree.

              It is just a curiosity.