Re: Gothic Orthography

  • thomasruhm
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 18, 2011
      I forgot something. The letters 'ô' and 'ê' are written like this and the name 'Jêsus' like that. Does the original Wulfila Bible have the gothic 'i' there?
    • Michael Everson
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 18, 2011
        On 18 Sep 2011, at 14:58, thomasruhm wrote:

        > The 'þ' is written as 'th', 'q' as 'qu', 'w' as 'v', that letter, which can probably not typed here was written as 'hv'.

        No: Today, þ and q and ƕ are most often used. Few people use the actual Gothic script much, which is unfortunate.

      • thomasruhm
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 18, 2011
          I just looked at the Cornish books at the link. I love language revivals.