Re: [gothic-l] Gutrazda ana Youtube

  • OSCAR HERRE
    Message 1 of 6 , May 11, 2011
      thoie benjamin ist.....sind weis rodidandan bi gutarazda thau samma waihts alja.....

      Message 2 of 6 , May 11, 2011
        ik haf fund tho siun ana youtube....

        Message 3 of 6 , May 11, 2011
          Ïk kann þana guman. Ïs wituls mikilaba miþ razdom ïst jah miþrodida ïk ïmma filu. Qiwasahteis ïs(aiþþau seinos?) leikaiþ mis unte þo niujawaurda anaþraftsjand.

          --- In gothic-l@yahoogroups.com, "Frithureiks" <gadrauhts@...> wrote:

          > Ik fanth thana guman ana Youtube.
          >
          > Habaith qiwasahtins (videos) mith laiseinim in gutrazdai.
          >
          > Wait ainhun jabai Benjamin gamainja ist this jainis mathlis???
          >
          > Magum rodjan bi qiwasahtins is?
          >
          > /Frithureiks

        • Frithureiks
          Message 4 of 6 , May 12, 2011
            Jai, is handugs jah þos qiwasahteis leikand mis.

            Jah nu in aggiliskai:

            You are right using 'ïs' in stead of seinos, since the latter is reflective. The destinction is not made in either english or german and hence some misunderstandings might occure. In swedish on the other hand, the destinction is kept and it shows a little how it is used.

            En. The boy took his(own) shoes and went.

            Go. Sa magus nam skohans seinans jah iddja.

            Ge. Der Junge nahm seine Schuhe und ging.

            Sw. Pojken tog sina skor och gick.

            BUT if the boy took some one elses shoes.

            En. The boy took his (pointing at another boy) shoes and went.

            Go. Sa magus nam skohans is jah iddja.

            Ge. Der Junge nahm seine Schuhe und ging.

            Sw. Pojken tog hans skor och gick.

            About the videos. It is nice that he explains it very good and I like that he actuallt talks so we can hear some gothic as a change from only reading it. It is also as mentioned, very nice that he uses neologisms.
            He also uses a different way to pronounce some words but I am not picky in these cases, such as saying unstressed 'ai' as 'aí'/[E].
            But he has some strange stuff going on. Both grammatical and pronounciations.
            I will come back later and tell what I mean.