Re: Goth sentence in Spain

  • Ernesto
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 8, 2010
      Hi,
      Obviously, there is no reference in Gothic language, but St Isidore of
      Seville, detailed many customs of the Goths, among others:

      "Where the Goth goes, with his horse is going" .Horses were very
      important within the Goth army.

      Saint Isidore is the source of these sentences:

      Saint Isidore of Seville, History of Regibus Gothorum, et Wandalorum
      Suevorum, 66-70. Trad. by Hector Herrera C.

      http://hispaniagothorum.wordpress.com/
      > and did not see any reference or source for it. I would guess that the
      sentence is someone's contemporary translation.
      > cheers, Gregory
      >
      > --- In gothic-l@yahoogroups.com, "r_scherp" r_scherp@ wrote:
      > >
      > > Hails!
      > >
      > > Can you tell more about the provenance of this sentence? I was not
      aware that Gothic expressions had survived in Spain.

      > > Randolph
      > >
      > > --- In gothic-l@yahoogroups.com, "Ernesto" <theudimer@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hails,
      > > >
      > > > I have a question, in Spain there is a sentence that comes from
      the Goths and says:

      > > > "Hvar ik im, midzani ik im, thar is ains Gutiksland"
      > > >
      > > > translation:
      > > >
      > > > Where I am, as I am, this will only be a goth land
      > > >

      > > > How to write correctly?
      > > >

      > > > Best regards!

    • OSCAR HERRE
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 8, 2010
        i think spain should have stayed as gotland....lettin the indigenous meditarrean people take over has led to a no name society.......