Goth sentence in Spain

  • Ernesto
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 14, 2010
      Hails,

      I have a question, in Spain there is a sentence that comes from the Goths and says:

      "Hvar ik im, midzani ik im, thar is ains Gutiksland"

      translation:

      Where I am, as I am, this will only be a goth land

      How to write correctly?

      Best regards!
    • r_scherp
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 15, 2010
        Hails!

        Can you tell more about the provenance of this sentence? I was not aware that Gothic expressions had survived in Spain.

        Randolph

        --- In gothic-l@yahoogroups.com, "Ernesto" <theudimer@...> wrote:

        > Hails,
        >
        > I have a question, in Spain there is a sentence that comes from the Goths and says:
        >
        > "Hvar ik im, midzani ik im, thar is ains Gutiksland"
        >
        > translation:
        >
        > Where I am, as I am, this will only be a goth land
        >

        > How to write correctly?
        >

        > Best regards!

      • g_scaff
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 27, 2010
          Greetings,
          I found this phrase as a title on a Spanish Odinist site: http://hispaniagothorum.wordpress.com/
          and did not see any reference or source for it. I would guess that the sentence is someone's contemporary translation.
          cheers, Gregory

          --- In gothic-l@yahoogroups.com, "r_scherp" <r_scherp@...> wrote:

          > Hails!
          >
          > Can you tell more about the provenance of this sentence? I was not aware that Gothic expressions had survived in Spain.
          >
          > Randolph
          >
          > --- In gothic-l@yahoogroups.com, "Ernesto" <theudimer@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hails,
          > >
          > > I have a question, in Spain there is a sentence that comes from the Goths and says:
          > >
          > > "Hvar ik im, midzani ik im, thar is ains Gutiksland"
          > >
          > > translation:
          > >
          > > Where I am, as I am, this will only be a goth land
          > >

          > > How to write correctly?
          > >

          > > Best regards!

        • Ernesto
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 8, 2010
            Hi,
            Obviously, there is no reference in Gothic language, but St Isidore of
            Seville, detailed many customs of the Goths, among others:

            "Where the Goth goes, with his horse is going" .Horses were very
            important within the Goth army.

            Saint Isidore is the source of these sentences:

            Saint Isidore of Seville, History of Regibus Gothorum, et Wandalorum
            Suevorum, 66-70. Trad. by Hector Herrera C.

            --- In gothic-l@yahoogroups.com, "g_scaff" <g_scaff@...> wrote:

            > Greetings,
            > I found this phrase as a title on a Spanish Odinist site:
            http://hispaniagothorum.wordpress.com/
            > and did not see any reference or source for it. I would guess that the
            sentence is someone's contemporary translation.
            > cheers, Gregory
            >
            > --- In gothic-l@yahoogroups.com, "r_scherp" r_scherp@ wrote:
            > >
            > > Hails!
            > >
            > > Can you tell more about the provenance of this sentence? I was not
            aware that Gothic expressions had survived in Spain.

            > > Randolph
            > >
            > > --- In gothic-l@yahoogroups.com, "Ernesto" <theudimer@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hails,
            > > >
            > > > I have a question, in Spain there is a sentence that comes from
            the Goths and says:

            > > > "Hvar ik im, midzani ik im, thar is ains Gutiksland"
            > > >
            > > > translation:
            > > >
            > > > Where I am, as I am, this will only be a goth land
            > > >

            > > > How to write correctly?
            > > >

            > > > Best regards!

          • OSCAR HERRE
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 8, 2010
              i think spain should have stayed as gotland....lettin the indigenous meditarrean people take over has led to a no name society.......