Re: Gothic wedding customs

  • Ingemar Nordgren
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 23, 2008
      Hi g scaff!

      Morgengabe, i.e. Morning gift, is common in all Germanic Europe also
      in the Middle Ages. It is the bride that receives it from the groom in
      order to secure her future if her husband should die or disappear in
      another way. It might in noble families be an own castle or other real
      property.

      Best
      Ingemar