Heroic Age 11

  • Larry J. Swain
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2008
      On behalf of the Board and editors of The Heroic Age, I would like
      to announce the publication of Issue 11. My special thanks go out
      to Linda Malcor, Deanna Forsman, and Bill Schipper and all of our
      readers who went beyond the call of duty to finally bring it
      together and released to the world. <a
      href="http://www.heroicage.org">http://www.heroicage.org</a>

      There are many things to enjoy in this issue. Board member Linda
      Malcor and colleagues have put together an interesting collection
      of papers exploring various aspects of Arthur and folklore. In
      addition to those four articles, there is a short article on a new
      textual find.

      Turning to our regular features, we have the usual suspects. Michel
      Aaij continues to inform us about medieval studies in Europe in
      Continental Business and Dan O'Donnell continues his series of
      reflections in Electronic Medievalia. In the Forum, we have several
      pieces addressing the State of the Field in Anglo-Saxon Studies.
      And we have a new column beginning in this issue. The Babel group
      has joined forces with us at The Heroic Age and will be publishing
      a column in every issue generally addressing the application of
      theoretical approaches to early medieval studies. In this inaugural
      column, Daniel Murtaugh weighs in with an article focused on
      Beowulf. Further, Aaron Kleist introduces us to the Electronic
      Aelfric project. I almost neglected to mention an excerpt from
      Martin Foys' recent book, Virtually Anglo-Saxon.

      Please take a look at our upcoming Calls for Papers. In addition
      to specific, themed sections, The Heroic Age accepts papers on any
      aspect of the early Medieval period (300-1100) dealing or touching
      on NW Europe (loosely defined) at any time.
      http://www.heroicage.org</a>