        I have read:  Theodosius, Stilicho, History of the Goths, Barbarians Within the Gates of Rome, Goths and Romans 332-489, and Rome's Gothic Wars.  Somewhere in there was this written, but I just cannot find it.
        I was hoping someone would remember.
        Thanks for your reply.

      On Wednesday, December 4, 2013 1:09 AM, OSCAR HERRE <duke.co@...> wrote:

      Alaric was goth.......an the gothic language was mith him and his leadership......hope that makes sense......

      From: "the_lothian@..." <the_lothian@...>
      To: gothic-l@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, December 3, 2013 10:00 PM
      Subject: [gothic-l] Epithets used for Theodosius, for Constantinople, etc.

      I am writing a book (novel) about Alaric and I want to try to remain as historically accurate, not just in events, but in speech also.
        I will not have Alaric speaking Gothic, of course, but if I can use some of he phrases used by the Goths to add authenticity to my story, I think it would add much to the book.
        Thanks in advance.

      Tom

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic